What is a laboratory centrifuge?
The lab centrifuge is designed to separate heterogeneous media with components of different densities into fractions using centrifugal force. A centrifuge is equipped with a DC motor that rotates the rotor. Centrifuges find extensive use in various areas of laboratory practice. They are used to separate blood and other biological fluids into fractions for the diagnosis of various diseases, research, as well as for obtaining blood serum and other components used in medical practice. Equipping laboratories of medical institutions, research institutes, engaged in biology, chemistry and other sciences, does not do without a centrifuge
Laboratory centrifuge key figures and specifications
chemical centrifuge machines is an instrument, the main function of which is the effective separation of substances of different densities. These devices are mainly used in laboratory settings, diagnostic centers, medical facilities and related fields.
The heart of the laboratory centrifuge is the rotor, which is capable of developing extremely high revolutions. In addition, the machine is equipped with a lid that is either screw-locked or solenoid operated. The movement of the rotor inside the laboratory centrifuge results in centrifugal force, which provides separation of the mixture into its constituent components. The heavier components settle to the bottom of the flask, test tube or ampoule, while the lighter fractions rise to the top.
The laboratory centrifuge has the following components:
- Various rotors
- RPM control
- Digital screen for displaying operating parameters
- Temperature switching
- Ampoules, flasks or flat bottom tubes
Modern medical and laboratory equipment manufacturers offer a variety of specialized instruments. Thus, it is possible to choose both compact benchtop and large-sized floor centrifuges used in the process of blood transfusion. Usually, stationary devices are used in large medical facilities, while portable and medical centrifuges are designed for smaller clinics.
Laboratory equipment of refrigerated centrifugation requires correct operation, which directly affects the accuracy of analysis and the effectiveness of therapeutic measures. It is important to strictly follow the following instructions while operating the machine:
- Even horizontal placement of the centrifuge on a flat surface.
- Setting the best speed, not exceeding the recommended values for the selected type of rotor and the materials under study.
- Mandatory use of a closed lid during manipulations with the equipment.
- Rejection of uncertified ampoules and tubes, as their poor quality can adversely affect the accuracy of the analysis and spoil the equipment.
- Preliminary check of the voltage in the electrical network before connecting the equipment.
The use of laboratory centrifuge is not complicated enough. Nevertheless, for correct separation of the contents it is important to familiarize yourself with the operating instructions of this equipment in detail.
Centrifuge for the laboratory different types of centrifuges
There are a variety of models that can be classified into several categories. The main ones include:
- Laboratory models. Designed to work with a variety of different types of tubes. These instruments are used in clinical laboratories for a variety of tests.
- Refrigerated models. This is a variant of medical devices that have a cooling function. They allow for the analysis and processing of donor blood and its components. Such equipment plays an important role in obtaining significant volumes of blood preparations. These preparations find usage in medical practice, including transfusion.
- Hematocrit laboratory centrifuges. This category of devices also refers to laboratory equipment. They are used to study hematologic parameters such as hematocrit level, which is important in medical research.
The name of the medical centrifuge reflects its purpose, which is to conduct a variety of studies in clinical laboratories. The main use of this technique is the separation of biological fluids, which is a necessary step when performing various analyses. Modern models of such devices provide additional functions, such as a built-in timer, speed adjustment and the possibility of replacing the rotors.
Refrigerated centrifuges are a type of medical equipment with an integrated cooling system. This allows working with donor blood and its components. These instruments are important for obtaining large volumes of blood products that are used in medical practice, for example, in the process of transfusion.
Thus, the variety of medical centrifuge models allows efficient research and processing of biological materials, which is important in clinical practice.
Where to buy laboratory centrifuge
You can buy laboratory centrifuges in our online store. We have best laboratory centrifuge machine prices. If you need hepl, our specialists will answer you on all questions and help you make the right choice. Affordable price is combined with unsurpassed quality. We offer our customers the following advantages of joint cooperation:
A wide range of products that meet established international norms and have all the necessary certificates of quality, conformity, origin, etc.
- The ability to order goods with delivery.
- The flexible payment terms.
- A relatively cheap price.
Buy now with our store, we have the best laboratory centrifuge price.